The Saleen Forums at soec.org

The Saleen Forums at soec.org (https://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php)
-   2010-2012 Michigan-Built Mustangs with the Saleen name (https://saleenforums.soec.org/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   2010 Saleen 435S: High Performance Value. Unmistakably Saleen. (https://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=5712)

Jess Albright 07-27-2009 10:32 AM

This vehicle will be available in either a Deluxe or Premium package with any of Ford's options. If someone would rather the upgrade Ford wheels we can do that as long as the dealer drop ship the vehicle to us. The same goes with the rear spoiler, if someone wants the upgrade Ford spoiler they can drop ship a car and we will build it up and leave that on it.
This car is supposed to look like the Mustang GT, that is the whole idea. It does not perform like it though. From everything we heard this weekend at Myrtle Beach from Mustang enthusiast's, not just Steve Saleen enthusiast's, people are looking for a vehicle like this.
This vehicle is for the buyer to take it and add the parts they want. Many people like multiple parts that are out on the market for these cars and this gives them the opportunity to add those. The exhaust doesn't come standard because so many people take whatever exhaust we put on it and throw it away and add the Ford Racing kit or one of the multiple other popular kits out there.
We will offer these things for people to possibly choose or, they can choose to get it from another supplier.

Another thing I keep reading is that we just pulled parts off the shelf that were left over from the old company to come out with this, mainly the wheels. Yes these wheels were originally designed for the Heritage vehicles, and then used in this color for the Gurney. I can't tell you any manufacture that puts all that money into tooling for a wheel and then only uses them for a year and a half, so we will continue to offer them. Many people like the look of a dark wheel now, so this is our option for that. If you don't like them don't opt for them. There are thousands of choices for wheels out there right now so you won't please everyone with any wheel you go with. That is the idea though, take it and make it your own.
I think we offer a highly competitive package at an extremely reasonable price point, take it or leave it. I know most Steve Saleen fans will leave it and that's fine, he has a car for you I'm sure, please enjoy it! Life is to short for all the badgering and typical negativity that is going on within this entire forum. The whole reason behind joining a club or forum community is to find other people with the same passion behind the product as you, and of course everyone is going to have an opinion but there are much more constructive ways of letting people know what it is other than the typical bashing. But again that's just my opinion right. Sorry to get a little off topic but I can't stand the level of negativity that not just this thread but the entire forum has gone to.

Thank you
Jess

Greg Wackett 07-27-2009 10:36 AM

And when you go to sell a GT all you have is a GT with some bolt ons, When you go to sell a SALEEN you are selling a Saleen not a GT with bolt ons. I don't think the styling is bad and what I think everyone of forgetting is they are going to release the fully S series car in a couple of month and word is it looks really good. You will get your styling there.

Really I think it is better they have a base car (Sleeper) and a full blown S series car. I have been helping people sell these cars for years and the biggest problem is the person who is not really into Saleens does not understand why they should pay more for an E car when it looks like a standard Saleen. This will help with that.

TPSMak 07-27-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVESIKE (Post 21852)
its hard for me to understand why you would want to produce a saleen without steve saleen behind it..its pure name recognition in hopes to sell a product.why not start your own brand name and build it up..roush only jumped on scene few years ago and they have a pretty nice ride.
well..i guess good luck to um because you want everyone to do well.
im sure there are people who will like the 435 and purchase one.

Because Steve Saleen is no longer part of the company. Companies with the founder's name go on ALL THE TIME and become very successful. Just because Steve is not there does not mean Saleen cannot be successful without Steve.

Roush situation is different in that they have ALOT of history with winning races with Mustangs and NASAR. PLUS they have ALOT of fans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jess Albright (Post 21870)
I think we offer a highly competitive package at an extremely reasonable price point, take it or leave it. I know most Steve Saleen fans will leave it and that's fine, he has a car for you I'm sure, please enjoy it! Life is to short for all the badgering and typical negativity that is going on within this entire forum. The whole reason behind joining a club or forum community is to find other people with the same passion behind the product as you, and of course everyone is going to have an opinion but there are much more constructive ways of letting people know what it is other than the typical bashing. But again that's just my opinion right. Sorry to get a little off topic but I can't stand the level of negativity that not just this thread but the entire forum has gone to.

Thank you
Jess

Jess,

I think you guys are doing a great job... if MJ had not stepped up there could possible be no Saleen today. I truely don't understand the negativity towards MJ/ Saleen. Yes ALOT of people love Steve and what he did for Saleen but he's not going to be at Saleen. The car warranty issue was out of your hands... it was Hancock Park's doing and it's great that you guys stepped up to cover it.

MeNotYou 07-27-2009 11:21 AM

Sorry dont mean to be bashing just stating my opinions about my disappointment in the new car. The following is not bashing either just trying to figure out where you are going with everything...Thanks

The thread title..."Unmistakably Saleen"...but you just told me you purposely made it look like a regular GT....So which is it?

Also you talk about people making it their own by optioning up or adding these wheels or this exhaust...So why would someone buy a saleen at a premium price of $10k for suspension and charger when they could buy the same for hundreds if not thousands cheaper?

BTW I cant wait to see the fully done saleen...I am sure it will look great...I have always loved the Saleen styling...

67fire 07-27-2009 11:59 AM

All that I can say about the nay-sayers is, if YOU can add the suspension mods, wheels, embossed seats, stickers/plaque, the super-charger AND tune it WITH a WARRANTY...
go right ahead! I think the base model IS a good deal and an option vs. a standard GT with options. :tongue:
I do ALL of the work on all on my cars, and this IS a deal! :smile:

Eric

Jess Albright 07-27-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeNotYou (Post 21874)
Sorry dont mean to be bashing just stating my opinions about my disappointment in the new car.

The thread title..."Unmistakably Saleen"...but you just told me you purposely made it look like a regular GT....So which is it?

Also you talk about people making it their own by optioning up or adding these wheels or this exhaust...So why would someone buy a saleen at a premium price of $10k for suspension and charger when they could buy the same for hundreds if not thousands cheaper?

I don't think you can find it for cheaper. Add it up
S/C $6499
Suspension $799.99
Wheels $800.00
Short Throw $59.99
Rotors $600
Decklid Panel $100
White face gauges $200
plus other small parts like, fog light grills, graphics kit, headrest stitching, serialized engine bay and dash plaque.

Add all that up and you get $9058.98 (+). That doesn't include you having someone professionally install it. And you get a 3/36000 warranty. So please build one on your own and see what you have into it when your done.

It performs like a Saleen, and that is the point!

Thank you
Jess

MeNotYou 07-27-2009 12:04 PM

^Thanks for the break down its appreciated...Your 3/36 is a big point...along with install prices...

What about making it look like a sleeper stock GT but calling it "Unmistakably Saleen"? I take that for the performance...It out performs all others like shelby and Roush?

Jess Albright 07-27-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeNotYou (Post 21880)
^Thanks for the break down its appreciated...Your 3/36 is a big point...along with install prices...

What about making it look like a sleeper stock GT but calling it "Unmistakably Saleen"?

Because it doesn't look like a Saleen, but get in and drive it and it's "Unmistakably Saleen" as far as performance.

Thank you
Jess

Saleen Forums Admin 07-27-2009 12:11 PM

Jess' comment makes me want to give a brief lesson in sensitivity training...

Certainly even a negative opinion can be expressed in a polite manner, and one doesn't need to use every negative adjective in the dictionary when doing so. It's one thing to toss the salt, but it doesn't always have to be rubbed-in.

So for those of you who are finding yourselves having to show some restraint over what can be (for some) a passionate topic, we appreciate that. Those who are having trouble, we would appreciate you trying harder.

Our moderation team tries to sit in the background here -- we try to keep an even keel, and find sometimes "new kids on the block" take a little time to settle in; for those, we often take them aside off the forum. If a member of our moderation team contacts you to "tone it down," don't take offense, as we appreciate your participation but we we want to keep this a pleasant environment for everyone. But remember this is our living room and you are a guest. If you feel the need to go ballistic, there are plenty of other places where you can pretty much freely do that (unfortunately).

That said, this forum gets a lot of activity so we're likely to get a broad range of opinions on any given topic. This thread at current count has over 1,000 views and 83 replies, so it goes without saying that there are likely going to be a few negative opinions along with the not-so-negative -- or even positive ones.

Thanks for listening...

MeNotYou 07-27-2009 12:15 PM

^Sounds good enough to me...Thanks

Meikol02 07-27-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jess Albright (Post 21878)
I don't think you can find it for cheaper. Add it up
S/C $6499
Suspension $799.99
Wheels $800.00
Short Throw $59.99
Rotors $600
Decklid Panel $100
White face gauges $200
plus other small parts like, fog light grills, graphics kit, headrest stitching, serialized engine bay and dash plaque.

Add all that up and you get $9058.98 (+). That doesn't include you having someone professionally install it. And you get a 3/36000 warranty. So please build one on your own and see what you have into it when your done.

It performs like a Saleen, and that is the point!

Thank you
Jess

Jess,
I think the price is right and there are a few guys around my neck of the woods already running a Saleen S/C and other parts as sleepers so I think the market segment is there as far as enthusiasts. The only question is how many still have cash to buy a nice car? I am sure there are many.

One question on options, can you get the rocker decals deleted?

Thanks Jess, you have been a great help to me personally in the past and you are a stand up guy. I appreciate your passion for the cars and your candor with the forum.

SCMcQueen 07-27-2009 02:27 PM

Is the 435S not an entry level vehicle and that Saleen is going to unveil the new 2010 "S" series at SEMA? I would think that vehicle would be more comparitive to Steve's SMS recently introduced. Maybe MJ should have brought out the big guns first.

I knew this topic was going to get opinionated fast but wow!

281Saleen 07-27-2009 02:43 PM

Jess are any of the Saleen dealerships in MI getting any of these cars soon? I wouldnt mind taking a look at one up close.

I think it looks good, At first I really didnt like it too much not as flashy as the previous Saleens are but now its really starting to grow on me more.

I like the 5 spoke rims and with a lil drop from the racecraft suspension it sits nicely. It might look a lil more sleaker with a spoiler delete on it.

Jess Albright 07-27-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 281Saleen (Post 21895)
Hay Jess are any of the Saleen dealerships in MI getting any of these cars soon? I wouldnt mind taking a look at one up close.

I think it looks good, At first I really didnt like it too much not as flashy as the previous Saleens are but now its really starting to grow on me more.

I like the 5 spoke rims and with a lil drop from the racecraft suspension I think its sits nicely. I think it might look a lil more sleaker with a spoiler delete on it.

Come on out to Woodward, both cars will be there again. One has the decklid spoiler, the other does not. Dealers will have them soon too.

Thank you
Jess

SCMcQueen 07-27-2009 02:56 PM

Jess,

Where will you be set up this Year? at the same corner as last? I believe it was a Goodyear dealer on 13 mile and Woodward on the North West corner?

Jess Albright 07-27-2009 03:14 PM

Nope, we will be back at our original location at Papa Joe's (Near Maple Rd)

Thank you

281Saleen 07-27-2009 03:22 PM

NICE!

Thats a good spot right in front of Papa Joes. Ill be out there for sure

How many cars are you guys going to have out there?

DrumSTW3 07-27-2009 04:07 PM

Wow!!! For that price, I think it is a bargain. It is definetly a good starting point for anyone who wants to build their own look, they can still put whatever body kit/hood/exhaust on it and not have to pay for those parts twice. It really does have alot of performance goodies and it's not blown out of proportion, and on top of that, you can finance the entire car. It seems like a better option than buying a GT, and putting 10k worth of go fast goodies on a credit card...

I can't wait to see what they come out with next... Maybe a stroked 5L?!?!?!

05 Mineral Grey S281 07-27-2009 04:48 PM

Looking to see one in person

I think for the price this car rocks! Maybe I'll buy the wifey one with an auto and put a big smile on her face!

TPSMak 07-27-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05 Mineral Grey S281 (Post 21903)
I think for the price this car rocks! Maybe I'll buy the wifey one with an auto and put a big smile on her face!

EXACTLY... I like the Racecraft idea before and I like this idea. It's alot of bang for the buck! 3/36K warranty is a good thing.

Also, if they come in at $40K or below it will be a great deal because a dealer can install the Ford Racing Track Pack and a Blower and it will be about the same price as a Salenn. The Saleen will have better resale value though.... I think it will work.. Roush did something similar to the Racecraft line without a blower and it sold good through the dealers. Slap some Roush stickers, a wing, and wheels and change alot of money.

hfnav 07-27-2009 06:23 PM

No auto? That might take off the exhilarating from the refined. That's ok. I'm on the 15 yr plan with my 07. Drive safely.

Dave 07-27-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeNotYou (Post 21805)
^Yeah its pretty sad.

On review, you've been out of this forum for five months. I'd guess you were seemingly happy at your other home. What brought you back over here at being absent for a near half year? What did you feel a need to do here... that you could not do elsewhere?

Send me a p/m.

05 Mineral Grey S281 07-27-2009 09:11 PM

Auto 435S

Yeah my wife has a bad left knee so an auto is the only solution. It will still be more than she could ever handle, that's for sure!

MeNotYou 07-27-2009 09:38 PM

^Will you marry me...I can deal with an auto...

DAVESIKE 07-28-2009 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 21914)
On review, you've been out of this forum for five months. I'd guess you were seemingly happy at your other home. What brought you back over here at being absent for a near half year? What did you feel a need to do here... that you could not do elsewhere?

Send me a p/m.

why would you ask this question? you know eachother?

DrumSTW3 07-28-2009 10:48 AM

I have the Techco 720 kit in my 06, putting about 580 to the ground, and my wife drives it alot. I trust her, but I know she cant resist smoking a Vette or Porsche. She's better at getting out of tickets than I am, but she still makes me nervous.

05 Mineral Grey S281 07-28-2009 12:11 PM

Auto 435S

Sorry but I am only married to one Lady! LOL

Werecow 07-28-2009 01:14 PM

I think another entry level Saleen is a good idea. The 2010 Mustang's rear has a lot to be desired and I don't think the understated treatment on the Saleen car does anything but help its image.

Though it is true, that you can buy a Whipple through Ford with a warranty, the Whipple appears to be non-intercooled and only cranks out about 400 hp. The Saleen blower kit, mainly the air routing (intake), is far superior than the Ford counter part and comes intercooled to boot. This means the car can produce more power for less money if someone wanted to mod it.

Cash layout seems good to me. I remember my 89 was 10k above sticker for an LX and that was for suspension, body kit and seats. No power adders...

Things I would like to see as options would be the watts link, larger brakes and what about that Super-Shaker? Being this will be a Serialized car, how about an "Extreme" drive-train option. It would be nice to have a sleeper car that cranks out serious power with a price tag in the 50's, something that is not likely to happen across the pond...

SCMcQueen 07-28-2009 01:57 PM

281...we need to coordinate a Friday get-together (Saturday's too crazy) out on Woodward with a bunch of Saleens taking up all 4 lanes!

Dave 07-28-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCMcQueen (Post 21955)
281...we need to coordinate a Friday get-together (Saturday's too crazy) out on Woodward with a bunch of Saleens taking up all 4 lanes!

Please continue/post any Woodward talk or plans here:
http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=4299

Dave 09-27-2009 04:13 PM

2010 435S #02 on display @ 3.09.
<object width="500" height="315">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7m062ucYz4A&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color 2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="315"></object>