The Saleen Forums at soec.org

The Saleen Forums at soec.org (https://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php)
-   Steve Saleen Signature Events (https://saleenforums.soec.org/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Carlisle Ford Nationals, June 6-8, 2014 (https://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=16038)

Saleen Forums News 09-10-2013 11:17 PM

Carlisle Ford Nationals, June 6-8, 2014

1 Attachment(s)
Steve Saleen WILL Attend All Ford Nationals, <?xml:namespace prefix = "st1" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Carlisle</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">Pennsylvania</st1:State></st1:place> June 6&7, 2014<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
The Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club has again successfully scheduled Steve Saleen’s appearance at the 2014 All Ford Nationals, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Carlisle</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">Pennsylvania</st1:State></st1:place> on Friday, June 6 & Saturday, June 7, 2014. We have posted that we obtained a maybe response last fall. On April 19, Steve’s attendance was upgraded to a “probably”. On April 20 Steve and Liz Saleen went to <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Beijing</st1:City>, <st1:country-region w:st="on">China</st1:country-region></st1:place> for an International Auto Show. On May 10 we got the final YES to Steve’s attendance at the event! I read comments that some forum members were disappointed that they can’t make plans to attend. Please understand how fortunate we are to have Steve Saleen attend the event 2 years in a row. The awesome attendance of around 130 Saleen vehicles at the 2013 Carlisle All Ford Nationals helped us as we negotiated for his attendance at this year’s event!<o:p></o:p>
The whole show runs from Friday – Sunday, but Steve will only attend Friday & Saturday. We expect to have a very busy day for Steve Saleen on Saturday. We will have a “Saleen Owners Only” autograph session on Friday to sign Saleen vehicles and other Saleen memorabilia. We want you to get your autographs done on Friday. If you are able to get your items autographed on Friday, we will ask that you don’t go through the autograph line again on Saturday to allow time for others. Because of the 50<SUP>th</SUP> Anniversary Celebration, we expect an overwhelming turn out of Mustangs. Let’s top last year’s total of around 130 Saleen vehicles on the show field. <o:p></o:p>
Try to attend on Friday. We have reservations for Friday dinner at a restaurant in a plaza around the corner from the fairgrounds’ back gate. We will leave the show field at 4:15 on Friday, June 6, 2014. We are scheduled to arrive for dinner at 4:30. Although the show runs until 5:00, Friday isn’t the big busy day, so we will leave at 4:15. Please stay at the show until 4:15. The restaurant we are going to is Marcello'sRistorante, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">900 Cavalry Rd.</st1:Street>, <st1:City w:st="on">Carlisle</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">PA.</st1:State></st1:address> From the main entrance gate, turn right, go a short distance to a light at <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Cavalry Rd.</st1:address></st1:Street> and turn right on to <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Cavalry Rd.</st1:address></st1:Street> The restaurant is in the plaza on the right. <o:p></o:p>
Buffet dinner will include salad, Italian dishes (containing beef, chicken, and fish), beverage, tax, and tip for a total of $20 per person. For children under 10 years old the price is $7. The dinner cost per person will be paid at the restaurant the day of the dinner. No orders from the regular menu.<o:p></o:p>
Because we are limited to 90 people, this is for Saleen Owners and immediate families. Single reservations may bring 1 guest. To notify the restaurant with a preliminary quantity, we need reservations by Saturday, May 31. All reservations will be accepted on an as available basis. After Saturday, May 31 reservation requests will be honored, if space is available. When we reach a total of 90, names will be kept on a waiting list. If space allows, friends of Saleen Owners can attend. Stop by the Saleen tent on Friday, June 6.<o:p></o:p>
Send name, Saleen vehicle type & number, and quantity for dinner to Betsy Beyer at saleen351@comcast.net
Please check in at the SOEC tent by 2:00 on Friday, June 6 to confirm your reservation. If you can’t make it to the show field by 2:00 on Friday, but you will be at the dinner, please send me an e-mail message on Thursday, June 5<SUP>th</SUP> or Friday morning, June 6<SUP>th</SUP> to confirm your reservation. If your plans change, please cancel your reservation as soon as possible to make room for others.<o:p></o:p>
When you resister for the show, please list the Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club for your club affiliation.<o:p></o:p>
http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals
Carlisle Events Registration page: <o:p></o:p>

http://store.carlisleevents.com/Sear...lts.asp?Cat=24<o:p></o:p>

Goody bags to those who pre-register under Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club -- this helps support SOEC.<o:p></o:p>

On Saturday, June 7, Steve will have autograph sessions, and he will have
Q&A time to be scheduled by Carlisle Events. On Saturday, Steve Saleen will sign Saleen vehicles that weren't done on Friday. Steve will also participate in the Saturday parade. Steve & Liz Saleen will drive 2013 Saleen 351 #001. All vehicles in the parade must be preregistered and have a ticket for the parade.
See you in <st1:place w:st="on">Carlisle</st1:place>.<o:p></o:p>

Saleen Forums News 09-10-2013 11:17 PM

Carlisle Ford Nationals, June 6-8, 2014

Carlisle Ford Nationals
Jun 6 - Jun 8, 2014

Adult Admission: Daily Thu.- Sat. $12.00 / Sun $7.00 / Event Pass $25.00
Child Admission: 12 and Under - FREE!
Gate Times: Thu.-Sat. 7am-7pm , Sun. 7am-3pm
Gate-N-Go Deadline:

The entire family will enjoy the largest and most thrilling all-Ford event in the world. Ford, Mercury and Lincoln fans will have a showcase of over 2,200 vehicles to check out on the National Parts Depot showfield. During this event, you will enjoy great indoor displays of concepts, customs and historically-significant cars and trucks; test drives by Ford Motor Company, a burnout competition, activities for the kids, industry guests, giveaways, NHRA drag racing, autocross for all skill levels and club gatherings. The excitement continues with a shopping experience you won’t soon forget as part of the enormous swap meet, car corral and the Manufacturers Midway for the best in parts buying.

New to this event is Early-Bird Thursday. By attending on Thursday, anyone interested in looking for a deal as part of the swap meet or car corral can get a jump on those who may not arrive until Friday or later. Admission costs apply for Thursday, however; there is no charge for parking in Carlisle owned and operated lots.

www.carlisleevents.com

Greg Wackett 11-19-2013 11:26 AM

As you guys know there is a strong possiblity Steve will return this year. What can we do better (besides control the weather) this year to make it more enjoyable and fun for all?

Specracer 11-19-2013 08:40 PM

Planning on this again this year, heck might even bring one of the saleens this time....

tfalk 11-19-2013 08:49 PM

Trying to figure out how to get both cars there...

SCMcQueen 11-19-2013 09:18 PM

Hey Dave; how about we get Jim D out this year? I am hoping to return..

Saleen Forums Admin 11-19-2013 10:05 PM

The upcoming Carlisle Ford Nationals is the only east coast event Steve Saleen is tentatively scheduled to attend for 2014.

As Greg mentioned, offer your expectations or desires. List the features that will have you schedule your weekend (and your families weekend) around this Carlisle event.

Dave 11-20-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Wackett (Post 113795)
As you guys know there is a strong possibility Steve will return this year. What can we do better (besides control the weather) this year to make it more enjoyable and fun for all?

I would like to see a special Saleen display. Maybe an invitational arrangement. One of two thoughts.

Either a collection of Saleen vehicles from the past 30 years with a minty representative for each generation (square fox, aero fox, SN95, New Edge, S197, XP, Foci, S331, etc) or a collection of Saleen Anniversay cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCMcQueen (Post 113830)
Hey Dave; how about we get Jim D out this year? I am hoping to return..

Technically, I am overdue to visit Jim and the west coast. I feel awkward trying to solicit Jim to trek his way east.

SCMcQueen 11-21-2013 09:06 AM

Dave; actually I am in the same boat; I really owe a visit out West as well...and I have the perfect excuse to go..my brother lives in Long Beach! I have yet to make it out there to see him (my brother); Jim; and the Saleen facility....

Saleen Forums Admin 11-23-2013 09:51 PM

Holiday Sale

HOLIDAY SALE - THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOYALTY AND SUPPORT
Sale Begins December 13th

From December 13, 2013 through January 3, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. we'll be having an event-wide Holiday Sale. Save a total of 20% off per showfield car registered. This offer includes the already discounted Gate-N-Gate pre-registration prices.

You can also pick up a 2014 Season Pass at the discounted price of $63.95, a 20% savings off of the already money-saving price of $79.95. This is a limited time offer and our way of saying, "Thank you! We appreciate your support and look forward to the 2014 season."

When registering online, discounts will be applied at checkout. Phone orders will also be accepted at 717-243-7855 through Friday, December 20, 2013 at 5 p.m and again from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, January 2-3, 2014.

With a sale like this, there is no reason to EVER pay full price to attend an event at Carlisle.

Shop the Holiday Sale/Register Online

snakebite8 11-29-2013 02:32 PM

last year i showed up and it was raining but me and my dad still walked around. Steve was there under the saleen tent. i should have went over and said hello but felt it would be uncool because i know i would have to ask for a autograph!

Snakecharmer383 11-29-2013 10:39 PM

I'm tentatively making plans to attend this year if Mr. Saleen will be there. I couldn't attend last year as wife scheduled vacation at that time. I'll be watching this thread closely for developments.

Greg Wackett 11-30-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakebite8 (Post 114258)
last year i showed up and it was raining but me and my dad still walked around. Steve was there under the saleen tent. i should have went over and said hello but felt it would be uncool because i know i would have to ask for a autograph!

That is why Steve comes out is to meet everyone, please stop by this year if you can make

Greg Wackett 11-30-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snakecharmer383 (Post 114267)
I'm tentatively making plans to attend this year if Mr. Saleen will be there. I couldn't attend last year as wife scheduled vacation at that time. I'll be watching this thread closely for developments.

We will not know until a couple weeks before hand if Steve will be attending.

Werecow 12-01-2013 11:13 AM

I would love to go... now if I could just have Steve taking me as carry on luggage. Maybe I could hide in the trunk of one of his cars...lol

Jim D. 12-08-2013 08:48 PM

As it stands now, we're close to inking an appearance by Molly, and we're working on inking Steve... hopefully with advance notice everyone can make plans.

However, last year this was the largest gathering of Saleens on the East Coast, and I encourage everyone to make plans to attend, and if Molly and/or Steve make it, all the better!

Snakecharmer383 12-16-2013 09:40 PM

My buddy just called and booked a room for 2 nights. :biggrin: I don't want to jinx it but I hope the weather is great!

Dave 12-19-2013 07:52 PM

Fun Field gate fee is $44.00 if you take advantage of the current holiday discount.

My 2014 event registration is now complete.

Saleen Forums Admin 12-25-2013 02:50 PM

When Registering.

Vehicle Classes:

378: MUSTANG - 1984 - 1993 SALEEN
379: MUSTANG - 1994 - 2004 SALEEN
380: MUSTANG - 2005 - PRESENT SALEEN

Club:
Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club

Aussie-Parnelli 01-17-2014 10:34 PM

Hi Greg

I am looking at my 14th All Ford @ Carlisle not bad for an Aussie
Will be attending the Las Vegas 50th Celebration

Tony Day

randyh 01-24-2014 09:31 PM

I would really like to take 03-211 cobra to get signed by Steve if he is going to be there, but the weather will make the decision as it doesn't go out in the rain.

CobrAnthony 02-06-2014 01:01 PM

I am only 3 hours away I would love to go!

Where is a good place to stay? I would love to bring my car to this event and meet some guys from the forum.

Saleen Forums Admin 02-06-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobrAnthony (Post 116824)
Where is a good place to stay? I would love to bring my car to this event and meet some guys from the forum.

Hampton Inn Carlisle --> Looks like a good option

Best Western --> Not too bad

Econo Lodge --> I would rather sleep in a car

https://maps.google.com/

Specracer 02-06-2014 07:46 PM

We found we usually go to mechanicsberg for dinner at least a couple times, so we stay there. More reasonable as well, and only 20 min or so. Half the cost of what the Carlisle hampton is (it is nice though, we have stayed there). Avoid the "hotel carlisle", or at least the horrible building we stayed in 2 years ago....

CobrAnthony 02-06-2014 08:06 PM

Thanks guys I will check those out :)

PEGAZUS 02-18-2014 07:41 PM

Couldn't make it last year, brand new puppies in the house. Fully committed to go this year and can't wait. Bringing '06 S281 3-Valve ragtop # 986 down from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada for the parade, display, and autographs. See you there !

Snakecharmer383 02-20-2014 09:59 PM

Buddy and I are booked at Harrisburg Pike Days Inn. I'm afraid to look at the reviews but as long as the cars are safe I'll sacrifice myself. :biggrin:

cgornowich 02-26-2014 11:33 AM

going to Carlisle

I may be going to Carlisle this year, it might be nice to see a couple Racecraft's side by side. Mine is a white 2008. Is anyone else interested in going?

Charlie in Front Royal, VA

yellowpony281 02-27-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobrAnthony (Post 116824)

The Park Inn (formerly the Holiday Inn Convention Center) Mechanicsburg, Pa. (sp?) http://www.hotelsavings.com/booking/1057719

tfalk 02-27-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgornowich (Post 117709)
I may be going to Carlisle this year, it might be nice to see a couple Racecraft's side by side. Mine is a white 2008. Is anyone else interested in going?

Charlie in Front Royal, VA

Possibly going to have a grey one there, I think Jamie from NJ is bringing hers.

fairmont357 02-28-2014 04:39 AM

I believe we are actually going to make it this year. Probably only Saturday though. Will Steve be sighing autographs and cars possibly?

PEGAZUS 02-28-2014 10:09 PM

Still waiting to hear if Steve Saleen is going to be there.... it's March 1st tomorrow, am sure he can tell us soon...

snakebite8 03-07-2014 06:17 AM

Hotels for Carlisle

This year I am making sure to book my hotel this week to make sure I am not 30min away. Anyone have a list of a good places to stay?

yellowpony281 03-26-2014 10:20 PM

Carlisle's link to local hotels.....
http://www.carlisleevents.com/plan-y...ip/default.asp

sidvicious 03-26-2014 10:24 PM

Hampton Inn right off the PA turnpike is good

snakebite8 03-26-2014 10:40 PM

staying at the Days Inn. see how it goes.

Snakecharmer383 04-08-2014 09:16 PM

Any confirmation yet if Steve and others will be attending this year?

Jim D. 04-09-2014 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snakecharmer383 (Post 119510)
Any confirmation yet if Steve and others will be attending this year?

I talked with him last week about it and he is getting close to committing to attend... stay tuned.

Snakecharmer383 04-13-2014 01:11 AM

Thanks for replying Jim. I'm really looking forward to this event this year.

travcar 04-21-2014 01:33 PM

Steve Saleen status update

We have rooms for Steve, Liz, and Molly at the Carlisle Hampton. We reserved the same restaurant as last year. As of April 19 Steve Saleen's attendance has been upgraded from maybe to "probably". Sunday morning, April 20 Steve left Charlotte to go to the Beijing International Auto Show. I will see him in Naples, Florida on May 10 and hope to have better news.

finally 04-23-2014 05:45 PM

Does anyone know where we will be located on the grounds yet?

Dave 04-23-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finally (Post 120308)
Does anyone know where we will be located on the grounds yet?

I have not asked. Location will probably depend on the amount of pre-registered Saleen Mustangs.

finally 04-23-2014 06:48 PM

Thank you Dave, I registered this past weekend.

CobrAnthony 04-26-2014 01:32 PM

Just pre registered!! Can't wait to meet some Saleen owners!!

sidvicious 05-01-2014 08:57 AM

I just registered, but unfortunately I can only make Friday. :frown:

Saleen Forums Admin 05-02-2014 05:24 PM

SKIP THE LINES. AVOID THE HASSLE. ENJOY YOUR SHOW.
How to Save Time and Money: Details Below

Pre-register before May 5, 2014 to get your window sticker early and drive right in when you get to the gate!

When you pre-register, you save time AND you save money. Everyone could use a little more of both and Carlisle Events wants to help!

Beat the May 5, 2014 deadline and we will mail your window sticker to your address of record via USPS. The sticker will go out weeks in advance of the event. When you get to the show, enjoy the VIP treatment of driving straight to Gate 3. No matter how long the lines of people are at the showfield registration area, you won’t need to stop there. Rather, once you drive through the main gate, you will be guided straight to the designated parking area.

Pre-registering also helps keep that wallet a little fatter. When you pre-register, you save 10%. That’s more of your hard-earned money back in your wallet.

You deserve the preferential treatment. So don’t wait -- pre-register today! The May 5, 2014 deadline will be here before you know it.

Register for the 2014 show right now to save! Call today at (717) 243-7855 or register online!

More time and money – sign me up! Click Gate-N-Go to hit the gas on a better show experience.

http://www.carlisleevents.com/

CobrAnthony 05-07-2014 12:09 PM

I'm staying at the Red Roof Inn ...its like 20 min away. Anyone else staying there or near by...I booked it there because my friend has a truck he is showing so I figured stay at the same place as my friend.

Dave 05-08-2014 12:02 AM

For those that preregistered for the event by choosing "SALEEN OWNERS AND ENTHUSIASTS CLUB," we are currently working on a goody bag.

Please give as a "heads up" so we can start a tally.

finally 05-08-2014 09:06 AM

Heads Up :smile:

2002-168 05-08-2014 09:56 AM

Any update on if Steve will be attending again this year?