The Saleen Forums at soec.org

The Saleen Forums at soec.org (https://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php)
-   2005-2009 Saleen Mustang (https://saleenforums.soec.org/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Trouble codes, what causes these codes? (https://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=5011)

wiggywigton 04-16-2009 07:22 AM

Trouble codes, what causes these codes?

Recently my car has had a small surge at low RPM. I can't seem to figure out what it is. I've tried adjusting the spark with noavail. Frustrated but luckily I have scheduled a dyno run/tune for the 8th of May.

Today I decided to just check to see if there was any diagnotic codes. I am not sure how long it has been throwing these codes but I was surprised to find:
P0133 O2 Curcuit slow
P1000 ODB Test incomplete

Any idea what's going on?

wiggywigton 04-16-2009 07:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I found this document to reference...I think I just have a bad tank of gas. Or maybe the octane level is too low for my set up. The Germans say it is equivilent to 93 octane....

I am going to try a different type of octane boost when I fill up tomorrow. Hopefully that will fix it.

AMS MIKE 04-19-2009 02:40 AM

has the car been sitting for awhile?

how many miles on the car?

O2 circuit is most likely faulty O2 sensor.

hennie 04-19-2009 01:25 PM

while we do live in europe as well;
try to take BP ultimate or shell/Texaco upgraded fuels, these cars run super :biggrin::biggrin:on the BP.
don't go to the cheaper:eek: gas stations, they usually have inferior quality,and yes 98 octane is the same as 93 octane.

hennie

wiggywigton 04-19-2009 01:53 PM

I have to get my fuel from ESSO. That is where I get my fuel rations from.

Well the car sat for about 2 months while it was on the ship but I have been through 3-4 tanks of fuel since I picked it up. It just went over 13K miles.

I cleared the codes a couple of days ago and it hasn't come back on yet.

Of note, I have messed around with the tune a little and got a little detonation but moved the settings back to where I started. Could that have casued the codes?

Thanks for the help.

hennie 04-19-2009 02:03 PM

I think that would have caused it.BTW, if you happen to have an automatic, make sure you'll add another cooler, i have gone htough a handfull of trannies:eek:the last 15 years.... mostly due to high speeds for longer periods.
have you hit the topspeed yet? if so what was it?, best speed I have made was 290KPU with a 07 GT500 conv:biggrin::biggrin: , but it wan't at it's end so there's more to explore......

Hennie

wiggywigton 04-19-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hennie (Post 17779)
I think that would have caused it.BTW, if you happen to have an automatic, make sure you'll add another cooler, i have gone htough a handfull of trannies:eek:the last 15 years.... mostly due to high speeds for longer periods.
have you hit the topspeed yet? if so what was it?, best speed I have made was 290KPU with a 07 GT500 conv:biggrin::biggrin: , but it wan't at it's end so there's more to explore......

Hennie

I have a MT. Thanks.
Holy crap that is fast. I have only made it up to 217 KPH. That's as fast as I (notice "I") can handle right now...

hennie 04-19-2009 02:52 PM

yeah you'll have to pick the right stretch at the right time.
around 200kpu is easily :wink:to do at a lot of autobahn stretches( although there are more and more restrictions:mad::mad: coming these days).
make sure you only try it at the 3 lane parts:cool:, or in the middle of the night at the 2 lane roads, you don't want a slow truck or passenger car coming in your lane with a 140km/90mph:eek: speed difference

Hennie