The Saleen Forums at soec.org

The Saleen Forums at soec.org (https://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php)
-   2007-2008 S331 Sportruck (https://saleenforums.soec.org/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Q: Exhaust headers for 2008 HD? (https://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=18823)

jlerma13 02-23-2015 10:29 AM

Q: Exhaust headers for 2008 HD?

Which headers do you guys have or recommend ?

Duvalballer 02-25-2015 08:59 PM

There are not too many to choose from. Dynatech, OBX, or American Racing are the main brands out there. Im on my third Harley and on my second an '06 I had OBX and I saw big horsepower gains on the dyno with them. I have also heard nothing but good things about Dynatech but they are a little pricey.

jlerma13 02-25-2015 10:39 PM

Thanks for the info! I think I'll be getting obx as well. Their identical to the dynatech as well as the material. Are you running your headers with cats or with out cats? Also what cat back system did you go with. Sorry for the questioning, not to many Harley or s331 owners now days.

haulin S331 02-26-2015 08:23 AM

I still have mine S331SC #309 :smile::smile:

Jason @ 281m 02-26-2015 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlerma13 (Post 130019)
Thanks for the info! I think I'll be getting obx as well. Their identical to the dynatech as well as the material. Are you running your headers with cats or with out cats? Also what cat back system did you go with. Sorry for the questioning, not to many Harley or s331 owners now days.

With headers, you get what you pay for. Full disclosure, I dont have any knowledge of OBX, but there are few headers that are at the quality of American Racing or Dynatech. Just because they look the same, doesnt mean they are.

Duvalballer 02-26-2015 06:59 PM

Jason is right. You get what you pay for. OBX is no Dynatech but its no Pacesetter either. I drove them for 2 years with their high flow cats, magnaflow x-pipe and dynomax mufflers. I never had one problem with them. They were great. When I start putting some money into my S331 I would definatly buy another set.

Jason @ 281m 02-26-2015 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duvalballer (Post 130033)
Jason is right. You get what you pay for. OBX is no Dynatech but its no Pacesetter either. I drove them for 2 years with their high flow cats, magnaflow x-pipe and dynomax mufflers. I never had one problem with them. They were great. When I start putting some money into my S331 I would definatly buy another set.

Thanks! :cool: Also, find a local company that ceramic coats AND copper lines the inside of the header. Heat soak robs serious horsepower. I'm always amazed when I see a raw stainless header and serious power going through it. The one benefit of a cast iron header is the ability to withhold heat unlike a thin wall stainless header.

jlerma13 02-27-2015 12:08 AM

Cool, thanks for the info! I'll ask my local shop about coating them. First time I've ever heard of doing that.
After new manifolds n gears I think I will be done with mods.

Jason @ 281m 02-27-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlerma13 (Post 130037)
Cool, thanks for the info! I'll ask my local shop about coating them. First time I've ever heard of doing that.
After new manifolds n gears I think I will be done with mods.

Most shops dont push it because there is little money in it for them. :rolleyes:

Metalcop 07-17-2015 04:28 PM

I had my eye on the Banks shorty headers. Anybody out there have any experience with them? I know that Banks, as a company makes quality, top-notch products.